Star Legacy Foundation Support Groups
Star Legacy Foundation provides live, interactive, online support groups for families who have experienced a perinatal loss and for individuals experiencing a pregnancy after a loss. Groups are held via HIPAA-compliant videoconferencing and facilitated by trained mental health professionals. You do not need a video camera on your computer to attend but it is very helpful if you do.
Registration required for first session only – after that participants will receive a reminder email prior to each session.
Bereaved Parents of Perinatal Loss – 1st & 3rd Mondays of each month at 7:30 pm eastern/6:30 pm central/5:30 pm mountain/4:30 pm pacific. Group facilitator is Debbie Fischer, LAMFT
- This group is for parents who have lost a baby to pregnancy or neonatal loss.
Pregnancy After a Loss – meets every Monday at 7:30 pm eastern/6:30 pm central/5:30 pm mountain/4:30 pm pacific. Group facilitator is Joann O’Leary, PhD
- This group is for parents currently in a pregnancy following a prior loss.
Parenting After Loss – This group is held at two different times on the 1st Wednesday of each month. These groups are facilitated by Joann O’Leary, PhD.
- 7:00 pm eastern/6:00 pm central/5:00 pm mountain/4:00 pm pacific
- 9:30 pm eastern/8:30 pm central/7:30 pm mountain/6:30 pm pacific
- This group is for parents who are raising a rainbow or sunshine baby after a previous loss.
Grandparents & Extended Family – 1st Wednesdays of each month 8:30 pm eastern/7:30 pm central/6:30 pm mountain/5:30 pm pacific. Group facilitator is Joann O’Leary, PhD
Dads Grief Discussion Group – 2nd Monday of each month 7:30 pm easters/6:30 pm central/ 5:30 mountain/4:30 pacific. Group facilitator is Doug Stewart.
Click here to REGISTER for any of the above support groups.
Other support groups we recommend
- Maple Grove Hospital (Sue.Steen@MapleGroveHospital.org)
- United Hospital (Annette.Klein@allina.com)
- St. Mary’s Medical Center – Duluth
- Parent Grief Support Group meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. The meetings are held in 2E classroom (room 2216) by the Chapel on the 2nd floor of St. Mary’s Medical Center in Duluth. This group is open to those who have experienced either a miscarriage or stillbirth, or the death of a child/children between birth to 10 years of age.
- New York
- North Shore Hospital/Long Island Jewish (Ivy Diamond CSW 516-562-8533)
- Maggie Rose Perinatal Bereavement Support Group (Marianne Walsh 914-787-6158 x 1317)
- Huntington Hospital Bereavement & Support Group (Kacey Farber, LMSW 631-796-5636)
- Guardian Angel Perinatal Support Group (Martha Weiss 516-249-3314)
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- http://www.pregnancyloss.org/ (Naomi Skop Richter at 646-884-9464 or at email@example.com)
- Mt Sinai Medical Center (Laurie Chameides, CSW 212-241-4685)
- Beth Israel Medical Center (Joanne Rutland 212-420-2977)
- 92nd St Y (212-415-5500)
- Weiler-Einstein Hospital (Bronx) (Jason Mincey 718-904-2925)
- Perri Lynn Moffitt, LCSW; National Council of Jewish Women of New York (212-687-5030 x 28)
- Jewish Board of Family & Children’s Services (JBFCS): Loss and Bereavement for Children (844-663-2255)
- Maimonides Case Management Department; Marline Laurent-Nicolas (718-283-8368 / 718-283-8320)
- Methodist Hospital (718.788.4991)
- Brooklyn Perinatal Network, Denise West (718-643-8264)
- Ohio Health Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support Group – Meets First Tuesday of the month 7-9 pm (Sarah Phillips, 614-533-6060)
- Bon Secours Hospital Perinatal Loss Support Group, Newport News (Shannon Renfro, 757-947-3420 ext. 6, Shannon_Renfro@bshsi.org)