Star Legacy Foundation is grateful to the volunteers who support our efforts all year long. If you are interested in joining our team, please complete this form.
Some examples of our volunteer needs include:
- Host or help with Champion Events
- Sewing, Knitting, Crocheting items for babies and grieving families
- Clerical assistance
- Help with Stillbirth Summit
- Participation in Parent Panels
- Grant Writing
- Research library scanning
- Store order processing
- Graphic Design
Corporate employee volunteer grant programs
Volunteer grant programs, also known as “Dollars for Doers” programs, are charitable giving programs set up by corporations. Companies provide monetary donations to eligible nonprofits such as as a way to recognize employees who volunteer. These grants enable corporations to give back to their communities and support organizations that employees are already passionate about. Although volunteer grants are a relatively new form of corporate giving, they’re widely offered among Fortune 500 companies and are catching on at smaller firms.
How Do Volunteer Grant Programs Work?
Volunteer grant programs are an easy way for volunteers to provide an additional monetary contribution without having to take out their checkbooks. If you’re already volunteering with Star Legacy Foundation, please take a few minutes to check if your employer or your spouse’s employer offers grants for volunteering – grants that could equal hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars for us.
Volunteer grant programs consist of five steps:
- Individual volunteers.
- Volunteer determines if their company offers volunteer grants – You can search our database located at to find specific company program details, requirements, and forms.
- Volunteer submits the grant request – Either electronically or using a paper form.
- We validate the grant request – We verify with the individual’s employer that the individual is in fact a volunteer with our organization.
- Corporation cuts a check.
Want to help? Last year, we received numerous volunteer grants which helped us raise a significant amount of funds . We know many of our volunteers work for companies with volunteer grant programs and we’ve set a goal of raising from these programs. If we meet our goal, we’ll be able to better .
You can immediately assess your eligibility and gain access to detailed corporate giving information about your employer by searching our database of companies with volunteer grant programs
Enter your company’s name below to see if they offer a Volunteer Grant program or a Matching Donation program.