Welcome to the Western NY Chapter of the Star Legacy Foundation!
The Western NY Chapter of Star Legacy Foundation was established in March 2018 and is currently located in Rochester, NY with hopes to expand into surrounding cities. We are a team of individuals who have all been impacted by pregnancy loss. Our mission is to educate the medical community and public about stillbirth, raise funds for research, support families who experience a stillbirth and ultimately prevent the loss of children to stillbirth.
Chair: Christina Fedczuk
Vice-Chair: Jen Chappel
Secretary: Alyssa Curatalo
Treasurer: Lindsay Prince
Advocacy Chair: Tad Mack
Events Chair: Rema Yaskulski
Family Support Chair: Danielle Montagliano
Gala Committee: Mike Daniels, Anne Dupin, Beth Maykovich, & Emily Reategui
Contact the Western NY Chapter
Western NY Chapter Upcoming Events
The 1st Annual A Starry Night Gala – 11/10/2018, details
Join Our Team!
Given that our chapter is brand new, we are currently looking to grow our local database of volunteers and new board members!
Below are some of the current needs of our chapter:
- Peer Companions (individuals who offer guidance and emotional support when families find out their babies have passed away or will soon pass away)
- Vendors who are able to donate their goods or services to loss families (ex: handmade items, loss jewelry, etc.)
- Organizing fundraisers (walk/run, yoga events, etc.)
- Help with the NYS stillbirth tax credit
- Board members, especially those who are located in surrounding cities (Buffalo, Syracuse, etc.)
- Anyone who would like to be a part of SLF’s mission!
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit http://starlegacyfoundation.org/volunteer/ and complete the volunteer form. We look forward to meeting you!
If you or someone you know is grieving the loss of a child, you can call 952-715-7731 x 1. Certified Grief Counselors available.
Peer Support is also available! Peer Companions are individuals who have first-hand experience with pregnancy loss and neonatal death and have been trained to help others along their grief journey. Contact us at 952-715-7731 x 715 or westernny@starlegacyfoundation.
Star Legacy Foundation provides live, online support groups for families who have experienced a perinatal loss and for individuals experiencing a pregnancy after a loss. Groups are held via HIPAA-compliant videoconferencing and facilitated by trained health professionals. Registration is required only for the first time you attend. After that you will receive a reminder before each session that will include login information specific to each session. More information here.
- Bereaved Parents of Perinatal Loss – 1st & 3rd Mondays of each month at 7:30 pm eastern. Group facilitator is Debbie Fischer, LAMFT
- Pregnancy After a Loss – Every Monday at 8:30 pm eastern. Group facilitator is Joann O’Leary, PhD
- Parenting After a Loss – Every Wednesday at 11:00 am eastern. Group facilitator is Joann O’Leary, PhD
- Grandparents & Extended Family – 1st Wednesday of each month 7:30 pm eastern. Group facilitator is Joann O’Leary, PhD