Corporate employee matching gift programs: What are they and how do they benefit Star Legacy Foundation?
Corporate matching gift programs are charitable giving programs setup by companies where they match donations made by employees to eligible nonprofit organizations. For example, if a donor works for Bank of America and donates $100 to Star Legacy Foundation, Bank of America will double the donation by also writing a check for $100.
Thousands of companies offer matching gift programs. A few examples of those we have received donations from in the past include:
- Johnson & Johnson – Triples donations with 2:1 matches for current employees while also doubling donations for retirees.
- Bank of America – Matches donations 1:1 up to $5,000 annually per employee.
- Home Depot – Matches donations 1:1 up to $3,000 annually per employee.
- Pepsico – Matches donations 2:1 up to $10,000 annually per employee.
- GE Healthcare – Matches donations 1:1 up to $5,000 annually per employee.
- TCF Bank – Matches donations 1:1 up to $10,000 annually per employee.
- Thompson Reuters – Matches donations 1:1 up to $1,000 per employee.
The impact of these programs can be substantial! Did you know that more than 15 million employees work for companies with matching gift programs? Last year we received matching gifts which helped us raise over $60,000. That’s real money that can make a difference in raising awareness, encouraging research and education and supporting grieving families.
Click on the link below to see if your employer offers a matching donation program. You can immediately assess your eligibility and gain access to detailed corporate giving information about your employer by searching our database of companies with matching gift programs .