WELCOME TO THE WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA CHAPTER OF THE STAR LEGACY FOUNDATION!
Our service area includes western portion of Pennsylvania in the Pittsburgh area. Established in January of 2019, we are a motivated group of parents, grandparents and friends of stillborn babies. Our mission is to educate the medical community and public about stillbirth, raise funds for research and provide support to families who are dealing with this loss.
We believe that many of these tragedies can be prevented, and we hope to ultimately lower the number of stillbirths in western Pennsylvania
If you are located in PA and would like to learn more about our chapter, please contact us!
CONTACT THE WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA CHAPTER
Anna Basta (Co-Chair)
Sophia Yeung (Co-Chair)
Alison Fisher (Secretary)
Sandy Schubert (Social Media Chair)
WESTERN PA CHAPTER UPCOMING EVENTS
If you or someone you know is grieving the loss of a child, you can call 952-715-7731 x 1. Certified Grief Counselors available.
Peer Support is also available! Peer Companions are individuals who have first-hand experience with pregnancy loss and neonatal death and have been trained to help others along their grief journey. Contact us at 952-715-7731 x 710 or email@example.com if you or a loved one would like to be contacted by a trained peer companion. More information here.
Star Legacy Foundation provides live, online support groups for families who have experienced a perinatal loss and for individuals experiencing a pregnancy after a loss. Groups are held via HIPAA-compliant videoconferencing and facilitated by trained health professionals. Registration is required only for the first time you attend. After that you will receive a reminder before each session that will include login information specific to each session. More information here.
- Bereaved Parents of Perinatal Loss – 1st & 3rd Mondays of each month at 7:30 pm eastern. Group facilitator is Debbie Fischer, LAMFT
- Dad’s Group – 2nd Monday of each month at 7:30 pm eastern. Group facilitator is Doug Stewart.
- Pregnancy After a Loss – Every Monday at 8:30 pm eastern. Group facilitator is Joann O’Leary, PhD
- Parenting After a Loss – 1st Wednesday of each month at 7:00 pm & 9:30 pm eastern (2 sessions). Group facilitator is Joann O’Leary, PhD
- Grandparents & Extended Family – 1st Wednesday of each month 8:30 pm eastern. Group facilitator is Joann O’Leary, PhD
Obtaining a Certificate of Birth Resulting in Stillbirth
Pennsylvania provides a Certificate of Birth Resulting in Stillbirth to families. The Pennsylvania State Department of Health website provides instructions to obtain this document.