Welcome to the New York Metro Chapter of the Star Legacy Foundation!
Our service area includes portions of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Established in July 2015, we are a motivated group of parents, grandparents and friends of stillborn babies. Our mission is to educate the medical community and public about stillbirth, raise funds for research and provide support to families who are dealing with this loss.
We believe that many of these tragedies can be prevented, and we hope to ultimately lower the number of stillbirths in the New York City area.
If you are located in NY/NJ/CT and would like to learn more about our chapter, please contact us!
Contact the NY-Metro Chapter
NY-Metro Chapter Upcoming Events
Let’s Not Be Still! New York Festival, 5K & Walk – 2 dates in 2 locations:
– Saturday, May 4th in Port Washington, NY (Long Island)
– Saturday, May 18th in South Salem, NY (Westchester)
Register today! www.starlegacyfoundation.org/lnbsny
Swing for the Stars Golf Outing – Monday, June 24th, Town of Oyster Bay Golf Course – registration link coming soon!
If you or someone you know is grieving the loss of a child, you can call 952-715-7731 x 1. Certified Grief Counselors available.
Peer Support is also available! Peer Companions are individuals who have first-hand experience with pregnancy loss and neonatal death and have been trained to help others along their grief journey. Contact us at 952-715-7731 x 710 or email@example.com if you or a loved one would like to be contacted by a trained peer companion. More information here.
Star Legacy Foundation provides live, online support groups for families who have experienced a perinatal loss and for individuals experiencing a pregnancy after a loss. Groups are held via HIPAA-compliant videoconferencing and facilitated by trained health professionals. Registration is required only for the first time you attend. After that you will receive a reminder before each session that will include login information specific to each session. More information here.
- Bereaved Parents of Perinatal Loss – 1st & 3rd Mondays of each month at 7:30 pm eastern. Group facilitator is Debbie Fischer, LAMFT
- Dad’s Group – 2nd Monday of each month at 7:30 pm eastern. Group facilitator is Doug Stewart.
- Pregnancy After a Loss – Every Monday at 8:30 pm eastern. Group facilitator is Joann O’Leary, PhD
- Parenting After a Loss – 1st Wednesday of each month at 7:00 pm & 9:30 pm eastern (2 sessions). Group facilitator is Joann O’Leary, PhD
- Grandparents & Extended Family – 1st Wednesday of each month 8:30 pm eastern. Group facilitator is Joann O’Leary, PhD
Click here to subscribe to the NY Metro Chapter Newsletter!
- January 2019 – 2018 Highlights, 2019 Plans & Event Save-the-Dates, NJ Legislative Action
- October 2018 – #NeverBeStill for Awareness Month, Featured Writing, Diana’s Hope 5K
- July 2018 – Record-Breaking 5K, Volunteers Needed: Baby Gifts & Tax Credit, Fall Social
- March 2018 – 2017 Highlights, 2018 Plans, #SleepOnSide, Spring 5Ks & Save-the-Dates
- October 2017 – #NeverBeStill for Awareness Month, Medical Provider Education, Social Event
- July 2017 – Stillbirth Summit 2017 Takeaways, Important Info for Expectant Parents
- February 2017 – New Look, Peer Companions Launch, Partner Outreach Underway
- October 2016 – Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Month, #MarksMiles4Babies
- January 2016 – Meet Executive Director Lindsey Wimmer, Launch Plan Updates
- December-2015 – Introducing Star Legacy NY Metro Chapter
Obtaining a Stillbirth Certificate:
- NY Fetal Death Certificate & Certificate of Still Birth
- NJ Certificate of Birth Resulting in Stillbirth
- CT Certificate of Stillbirth