Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.
- Continue enrollment in STARS Study with plan to end this phase of the study in October 2014.
- STARS preliminary findings presented at Stillbirth Summit 2014
- Analysis of STARS final data and preparation for publication
- Continue development of research library on website
- Expand funding of our research account to support future research
- Host Stillbirth Summit 2014
- Develop continuing education modules for in-person or online learning for health care professionals
- Distribute and encourage use of See Me Feel Me materials
- Develop radio blog programming
- Comprehensive October Awareness plan
- Continue membership with ASAP Coalition
- Support legislative efforts involving stillbirth
- Continue/develop relationships with other stillbirth, pregnancy/infant loss organizations
- Identify and provide activities for family outreach, support, resources
- Support and fiscally sponsor 11 Angels
- Support and fiscally sponsor Janelle’s Memory Boxes
- Provide resources, support, and memorial activities at Stillbirth Summit 2014
1. Review and revise mission, vision, values, and bylaws
2. Expand current team membership to include more groups/individuals with more variety of experience and talent
3. Partner with other stillbirth organizations on awareness and legislation efforts
4. Begin preparations and fundraising for Stillbirth Summit 2014
5. Support 11 Angels project and set guidelines for similar projects
6. Continue recruitment for STARS Study with a goal of having enough participation to conclude study by end of 2013
7. Develop continuing education programs for doulas, loss companions, nurses, other HCPs
8. Achieve provider unit status for nursing continuing education.
2012 PRIORITY INITITATIVES
- Compose/compile written summary of the Stillbirth Summit for journal publication and other distribution
- Revise See Me, Feel Me to include new findings.
- Conduct an internet survey of mothers to identify non-traditional stillbirth risk factors.
- Collaborate with other stillbirth organizations
- Develop and implement plan for more legislative efforts including introduction of stillbirth evaluation protocol on state level
- Create a stillbirth autopsy protocol and program to encourage its use for distribution in the US
- Development of education program to be available throughout the US
- Expansion of Leadership Team
- Comprehensive fundraising program to fund initiatives
- Champions Programs
- Grant Applications
- Develop comprehensive communications plan
2011 Priority Initiatives & Annual Report