Welcome to the Nebraska Chapter of the Star Legacy Foundation!
Our service area includes the entire state of Nebraska and the Omaha-Council Bluffs area. Established in January 2018, we are a motivated group of parents, relatives, and friends of stillborn babies. Our mission is to educate the medical community and public about stillbirth, raise funds for research, and ultimately prevent the loss of children to stillbirth. We believe that stillbirth is a tragic loss that in many cases can be prevented.
If you are in our area and want to connect with other parents who have experienced the loss of a stillborn child, or want to work to prevent pregnancy loss and neonatal death, please contact us. We also welcome questions from expectant parents who want to learn what they can do to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
Phone: 952-715-7731, Ext. 712
- Karin Bellows, Chair
- Barb Daubenspeck, Vice Chair
- Jaclyn Walsh, Secretary
- Carla Larimore, Event Chair
- Amy Kent, Social Media Chair
- Events Committee: Amy Wetjen, Karen Walsh, Heather Howell, Kristy Christensen
If you or someone you know is grieving the loss of a child, you can call 952-715-7731 x 1. Certified Grief Counselors available.
Star Legacy Foundation provides live, online support groups for families who have experienced a perinatal loss and for individuals experiencing a pregnancy after a loss. Groups are held via HIPAA-compliant videoconferencing and facilitated by trained health professionals. Registration is required only for the first time you attend. After that you will receive a reminder before each session that will include login information specific to each session.
- Bereaved Parents of Perinatal Loss – 1st & 3rd Mondays of each month at 6:30 pm central. Group facilitator is Debbie Fischer, LAMFT
- Pregnancy After a Loss – Every Monday at 7:30 pm central. Group facilitator is Joann O’Leary, PhD
- Parenting After a Loss – Every Wednesday at 10:00 am central. Group facilitator is Joann O’Leary, PhD
- Grandparents & Extended Family – 1st Wednesday of each month 6:30 pm central. Group facilitator is Joann O’Leary, PhD