11 Angels – is a group of individuals supporting families in and around the Minneapolis-St. Paul area who have first-hand experience with the death of a baby either before birth or shortly thereafter. Currently we have a volunteer relationship and provide service to metro area hospitals at no cost to families or care providers. Referrals are accepted from family, friends, health professionals, clergy and others. To make a referral call our 11 Angels 24 hour answering service 612-868-2767 or email us at email@example.com.
All members of 11 Angels who actively work with families are carefully screened and selected to be sure that only those that are able to provide the best and most appropriate support to families are part of the program. All members of 11 Angels have received specialized intensive training providing in-depth knowledge of pregnancy and infant loss as well as grief processes, resources, supportive measures, and are skilled at helping families make memories that will need to last a lifetime in the very short time they will have with their child.
- Bereaved parents regardless of how long ago the loss occurred. We welcome parents of baby who died to stillbirth or neonatal loss. This group meets twice a month on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday at the Star Bank in Eden Prairie, MN.
- Grandparents & extended family and friends – those individuals that surround bereaved parents have a unique grief of their own with special challenges. They are caught between their own grief and wanting to support parents in the very best way possible. Talk with others who have met those challenges head on and others who are just beginning this journey. This group meets monthly on the 1st Tuesday of each month from 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm at the Star Bank in Eden Prairie, MN.
- Pregnancy After Loss – Losing your baby was the most awful experience of your life. Now, facing a subsequent pregnancy is filled with hope but also great anxiety and concern. Learn to nourish your pregnancy while honoring your grief. Talk with professionals who can support you through this journey; meet other expectant Mothers who are on your path but also those who have been through pregnancies subsequent to their own losses. This group meets weekly on each Tuesday of the month from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
We are currently planning for these additional support groups: If you are interested in attending or helping with any of these groups please let us know. If you know of a need for other specific groups please let us know.
- Mens support group – dads, grandpas and others.
- Sibling support group – siblings of babies lost to stillbirth and neonatal loss. Both sunshine and rainbow babies have special needs that continue throughout their developmental life span. This group is facilitated by professionals with specific expertise in child bereavement and growth and development.
- Cultural support groups – currently considering Hmong, Spanish and Somali groups.